Do you want to have fun and at the same time refresh your finance knowledge? Are you sure the financial principles are known to you, and you are able to apply them? Subscribe for the management game or review our possibilities to play the game with your team. During the game you will make several decisions in changing teams. The setup of the game makes it possible for everybody to play the game and by doing so the financial overviews and principles are discussed.
At the end of the course you are able to:
- Read the most important financial overviews;
- Discuss the financial consequences of your decisions better;
- Use the most important financial ratio's;
- Assess when to consult a financial expert and;
- Have a better in depth discussion with the financial expert of your company.
After a short introduction of the participants we start with the explanation of the rules of the game and the participation in groups. In several rounds a number of financial questions are discussed. The assignments are based on several different major aspects of finance. The choices made in the teams are scored and discussed in the group. The game is developed so drop out of participants is minimized and late arrivals can participate.
To enable implementing the leaned theory the book Finance for Managers, your mentor and guide to doing business effectively, from the Harvard business essentials series is provided next to the course material. Further reading can be found in the other books from the Harvard business essentials series.
- Rules of the Game
- The foundations of financial overviews
- Make your own P&L
- Make your own Balance Sheet
- After each round the results of the groups are discussed
- Announcement of the winner and analyze the major decisions
- Opportunity to ask specific questions
Finance for Non-Financials offers (a series of) coaching sessions that can be booked subsequently to a training. During these sessions specific topics or company situations can be discussed.
|Intended for||Non-Financial professionals
|Maximal number of participants||12 people|
|Price||€ 998,- excl. VAT|
|Course duration||One day|
|Trainer||Mrs. Drs. Susan Marcussen-Geelen RC|
|Location and Date||In mutual consultation|
08:30 - 09:00 hour Welcome